Am I a LASIK Candidate? in Nashville, TN
Laser vision correction with LASIK is the most popular way for men and women to improve their vision so they no longer rely on eyeglasses and contact lenses. The first question that many people ask is, “Am I a LASIK candidate?” Jeffrey D. Horn, MD, of Vision for Life provides some general guidance on LASIK surgery for the residents of Nashville, Murfreesboro and the surrounding communities of Tennessee.
What is LASIK?
LASIK is the most common type of laser vision correction that is performed on men and women who want to improve their vision. The procedure involves using a laser to precisely change the characteristics of your eye that interfere with clear vision. With LASIK, Dr. Horn is able to provide his patients with superior results compared to eyeglasses and contact lenses because the treatment is tailored to the individual’s eyes.
What Can Be Treated with LASIK?
LASIK technology has developed over the years to provide a comprehensive solution for patients. With LASIK, Dr. Horn can correct:
Am I a LASIK Candidate?
Several factors are considered before recommending LASIK to our patients, such as:
- Having healthy eyes with no history of corneal disease, cataracts, glaucoma, herpes zoster, herpes simplex, optic nerve diseases, dry eye and other eye-related disorders
- Being at least 18 years old
- Not having an active eye injury or problems that may interfere with the healing process
- Women should not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not having a history of frequently-changing prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Refraining from using contact lenses for a period of time before the procedure
- Being in good health and have chronic conditions well-controlled
- Meeting certain eye characteristics/measurements
Who is Not a Good Candidate for LASIK?
Dr. Horn will recommend other vision correction options if you have:
Chronic dry eye
- Corneas that are too thin or flat
- Certain medical conditions that increase your chances of developing complications or side effects
How Much Does LASIK Cost in Nashville?
The cost of your LASIK surgery may not be covered by your vision and medical insurance. You should check your coverage and review your budget before scheduling the LASIK procedure. We accept cash, check and major credit cards, including Visa®, MasterCard®, and American Express®, for your out-of-pocket costs, such as a co-payment, deductible and co-insurance, and any other remaining balance. Financing is available through Alphaeon™ Credit and CareCredit®.
After you review the basic information about LASIK, we will help you know if you are a good candidate for LASIK. At Vision for Life, our ophthalmologist, Jeffrey D. Horn, MD, offers LASIK surgery for the residents of Nashville, Murfreesboro and the surrounding communities of Tennessee. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please contact us today!