FAQs in Nashville, TN
At Vision for Life, we offer ophthalmology services for the residents of Nashville, Murfreesboro and the surrounding communities of Tennessee. Our FAQs provide information on the most common questions amongst our patients.
What Should I Expect from My First Appointment?
Please arrive for your appointment at least 20 minutes. This gives us time to check you in, gather your insurance information and have you fill out our patient forms. We also provide Patient Forms online that you can complete before the appointment. The length of your appointment is based on the type of services that are scheduled. Most appointments take about one hour, but procedures that require dilating your eyes can take two hours.
How Should I Prepare for My Ophthalmology Appointment?
Your medical history, including current conditions and medications, can affect your eyes, so we will ask questions about this aspect of your life. Please bring a list of your medications or the actual medications for Dr. Horn to review. You will also need to know about any past issues you or members of your family have had related to vision and other eye issues. We may request records from your primary physician, eye doctor, and specialists.
What Types of Questions Should I Expect?
We will also inquire about your lifestyle to determine the best services for you. Some questions that we may ask are:
- Do you have a history of eye injuries or other eye-related problems?
- Are you experiencing any vision or eye problems now?
- Do you have prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses? Are you happy with how these items correct your vision?
- Do you have any problems seeing at night?
- Do you notice any haze or blurriness when looking at objects at a distance?
- Do you have discomfort or pain in any specific types of lighting?
- Have you noticed any problems with your peripheral vision?
- If you wear contact lenses, what types of solutions do you use for cleaning the lenses?
- Do you have any allergies, including seasonal, food or medications?
- Are you overweight?
- Have you been diagnosed with diabetes?
- Do you or anyone in your family have a history of eye problems or diseases, including your parents, siblings and grandparents?
- Do you or anyone in your family have heart disease, high blood pressure or other chronic health condition?
What If I’m Seeing Another Eye Doctor?
If you are under the care of another physician or eye doctor for any type of eye condition, please tell us when you schedule the appointment. This allows us to coordinate your care and anticipate any supplemental testing that may be needed during your appointment.
What Else Should I Bring to My Appointment?
Please bring the following items with you to your first appointment:
- List of prescription medications or the actual medications
- Eye drops that you use
- Sunglasses, if prescription
- Reading glasses
- Contact lens boxes
How Much Do Ophthalmology Services Cost in Nashville?
The cost of your ophthalmology services may be covered by your vision and medical insurance. We accept cash, check and major credit cards, including Visa®, MasterCard® and American Express®, for your out-of-pocket costs, such as a co-payment, deductible and co-insurance, and any other remaining balance. Financing is available through Alphaeon™ Credit and CareCredit®.
At Vision for Life, our ophthalmologist, Jeffrey D. Horn, MD, offers ophthalmology services for the residents of Nashville, Murfreesboro and the surrounding communities of Tennessee. After you review our FAQs, we invite you to contact us to schedule a personal consultation.